I thought it was time I shared a little bit more about myself on here and this is a fun way to do it. This is a mix of some of my favourite things, childhood dreams and weird life choices. For me, things like this might bring us a little bit closer. Learning new things about people is my favourite way to get to know them!
Let’s get into it!
- I have never officially broken a bone. I *think* I broke my little toe a few years ago but I never got it checked so technically this is a fact (until proven otherwise).
- Doctors treated me for epilepsy from the age of 9/10-14. I used to faint when I was younger and the doctors at the time thought it was epilepsy. I took the tablets for a few years but was still fainting, so I stopped. It turns out it was just a salt deficiency and circulation problem.
- I have webbed hands and toes! The skin on my fingers is linked a lot higher than anyone I know. The toes on my feet are linked together too!
- I trained my accent to be different. I’m from the Black Country which is in-between Birmingham and Wolverhampton. The accent there is really thick and sort of silly sounding, so I trained my voice to sound less thick.
- My favourite film is The Crow. I love the deep rooted message of love that it upholds, even through the violent and drug enthused plot. The sequels are terrible though.
- The first tattoo I had was done on a leather sofa in my mums friends house. – I paid £20 and didn’t ask for the dots or the heart… Always go to a professional.
- I met my boyfriend on a website called Vampirefreaks. We both had made an account in our early teens and by chance happened to be online at the same time on evening in 2012. (I messaged first, if you’re wondering).
- When I was younger, I wanted to be a fashion designer, lawyer, writer, hairdresser or singer.
- My old band and I recorded a live show in Birmingham. – The recording still exists on youtube!
- My first childhood crush was Aaron Carter. I liked that we had the same haircut and we’re similar ages. I was about 7 at the time…
- My second childhood crush was Trent Lane from Daria. – I had a thing for musicians (clearly).
- I am terrified of dead things. So much so. that when my cat was put down a few years ago, I couldn’t say goodbye or be at the burial. This still hurts. For some reason people in coffins doesn’t freak me out, but seeing an actual body is probably my biggest fear.
- My second biggest fear is never amounting to anything. I would hate to just live and die without meaning anything or doing something that will have a massive impact.
- I used to have handwriting classes. The teachers couldn’t read my handwriting and I had to dedicate time to trying to sculpt letters into a more eligible shape.
- I’m a college drop out. In fact, I did it twice. Both for very silly reasons.
- I am unapologetically Sagittarius. Blunt, Adventurous, Travel Driven, Impatient and Stubborn.
- I want four children, three cats and one dog. I have names for all of them. I’ve even decided to change my surname when Adam and I get married so that I sound more like a Disney villain.
- My first concert was a band called InMe. I met the lead singer a few years later (as you can see below).
Dave Mcpherson and I (excuse my eyebrows)
- 19. I can’t wear headphones for too long. It hurts and I get really bad pains in my ears.
- Last year, I chipped my front tooth on a coke bottle and I now have a little square gap.
- The first boyfriend I had was a ginger, gypsy called Cornelius Jr Jr Jr (he was the third to be given that name). In my late teens, my mum invited him to live with us as he wasn’t doing too well.
- I once got so drunk that I went to bed with my handbag still round my arm and one heel on. I was very hungover that day.
- Speaking of bad days, I once tried to overdose, told no one and was almost deaf for two days while the drug left my system.
- If I were a boy, I was going to be called Adam or Stuart. I was almost called Natalie, but my aunt had her baby first and stole the name. Natalie’s little brother is called Adam.
- When I first moved to Essex, I had no friends. BTW, Now I do!
- I only speak to one person from my primary and secondary school.
- I don’t have a middle name. In fact, neither does my Sister or Parents.
- I have size 6 feet, I’m 5’7.7 and my natural hair colour is blonde.
- To this day, if someone recommends a band to me, I won’t listen to them. I dislike being told what to do. Even if it is to benefit or enrich my life. (I told you I’m a Sagittarius, right?)
- I was a vegetarian from the age of 18-20 because I made a bet with my best friend. n 2017 I became a vegetarian again, after hearing sounds of animals being slaughtered whilst on holiday in Vienna.
Phew, and that’s a wrap.
I know these sort of things are a little cliche but I really wanted to break the ice a little. So, which fact did you thing was the strangest? Tell me a fun fact about yourself below!